Creamy Broccoli Soup with Roasted Walnuts
This luxuriously creamy broccoli soup is elevated with the crunch and flavor of roasted walnuts. It’s a healthy comfort food that can be made in just 30 minutes. Packed with fiber and nutrients, this soup makes for a satisfying meal any time of day.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 3⁄4 cup roasted walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
Nutrition per Serving
- Calories: 210
- Total Fat: 16g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Sodium: 240mg
- Carbohydrates: 11g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 9g
This soup provides vitamin C, vitamin K, folate, and antioxidants from the broccoli. The walnuts add heart-healthy fats, fiber, and plant-based protein.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. On a baking sheet, toss walnuts with 1 tsp olive oil, salt, and pepper. Roast for 8-10 minutes until fragrant and lightly browned. Set aside.
- In a pot, heat 2 tbsp olive oil over medium heat. Sauté onions for 3-4 minutes until soft. Add garlic and cook 1 minute more.
- Add broccoli florets and vegetable broth. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes until broccoli is tender.
- Transfer soup to blender and puree until very smooth and creamy. Return to pot and stir in milk, roasted walnuts, and Parmesan. Cook on low just until heated through.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish bowls with more Parmesan and walnuts before serving.
This broccoli soup is comforting yet nutritious. Roasting concentrates the flavor of the walnuts for added crunch and richness. The blend of broccoli and walnuts provides a boost of fiber, protein, and antioxidants. Enjoy this satisfying soup for lunch or dinner any time you need something wholesome and delicious.