The Best Green Detox Smoothie (Vegan, Dairy-Free)
Starting your day with a nutritious green smoothie is one of the best habits you can have. This dairy-free detox smoothie is packed with leafy greens, fiber, protein and healthy fats to give you sustained energy without a caffeine crash later.
Smoothies are an easy way to incorporate more fruits and vegetables into your diet. The greens blend up into a creamy, smooth texture that you’ll barely even notice is full of spinach.
Some of the top benefits of green smoothies include:
- Increased fruit and vegetable intake – By blending greens with tastier fruits, it makes it easy to consume 2-3 servings of produce to meet your nutritional needs.
- Improved digestion – The fiber content helps keep your digestive system regular.
- Energy boost – With protein, carbs, and healthy fats, it provides long-lasting fuel for your body and brain.
- Detoxification – Leafy greens help remove toxins and reduce inflammation in the body.
- Weight loss – The fiber and protein help keep you fuller longer than just juice or water.
This smoothie recipe features spinach as the leafy green along with banana, avocado, almond milk, and anti-inflammatory ingredients like almond butter and matcha powder.
|Baby Spinach||2 cups|
|Almond Milk||1 cup|
|Almond Butter||1 tablespoon|
|Matcha Powder||1 teaspoon|
|Honey or Maple Syrup (optional)||1 teaspoon|
- Add the spinach, frozen banana, avocado, almond milk, almond butter, matcha powder, and sweetener to a high-powered blender.
- Blend on high for 60-90 seconds until the smoothie has a creamy, frothy texture.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy immediately! Add any toppings if desired like chia seeds, hemp seeds, granola, or extra fruit.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours. Add a splash of nondairy milk when reheating if too thick.
This nourishing green detox smoothie will jumpstart your mornings and keep you feeling full and focused all day long thanks to the powerful ingredients. Let me know if you try it!